| Eto'o.Image:nexdimempire |
Come back heroes Newcastle away, on the dead return heroes Liverpool at home and the average (as so elaborately depicted at Wembley) defending champions soon after coupled with Champions league qualification and all sorts of early doomsday scenarios as intricate and massive as the Michelangelo cathedral project are being painted.
Honestly, I don't mind the talk. First because as the recent past informs, the rusty trophy cabinet lock at the Emirates is all about the finish rather than the start. Secondly, I find the gab a welcome relief from the experts (most curiously non Arsenal fans) and their lengthening lists on who Wenger should buy this summer transfer period.
True in the current Arsenal squad some dead wood that needs to be shaved off. Conversely, I hold the view that if your wife can't fix a decent omelet, an ass you are if you go out and get yourself a new 'omelet expert' wife. Wisdom is to buy a cookbook, Google up some recipes, beat up the eggs yourself let her handle the bacon or simply try the dinner round the corner.
“We have to defend better in set pieces”
"What for you is physical strength? How can you explain Spain winning the World Cup and Barcelona beating Chelsea in the Champions League? Football is not only down to physique," he said. "It is down to intelligence, technique, mobility.”
"I have to manage a club and make sure that what comes in goes out and not more. After, what is decent and not decent it's not my debate and not my judgment because if I start to be like that I will stop this job. After that the rest is more a moral debate of the society, how much can a person earn in life? You have people that take billions of pounds on petrol and they have done nothing special in their life. A football player is somebody who has to show elite performances. Before you attack completely football players, there are some other areas in our society where I'm not sure they have to turn up with as much talent as a football player does."
"There is not one way. That is what makes it interesting."
Quotes that to me translate to : buy a cookbook, Google up some recipes, beat up the eggs yourself let her handle the bacon or simply try the dinner round the corner, respectively.
“Keep The Faith”
says the infamous banner at every other Arsenal game at the Emirates. Faith I have in Wenger not to do the stupid by following cheaply peddled wisdom and ship in every name linked with a move to the Emirates. Varmaelen, Koschienly, Arhavin, Chamakh, Riyo Miyachi; it's easy to see what Arsene means when he says he will buy only the right player at the right price.
It is even more apparent to see why the best manger of the first decade of the 21st century constantly demands more of what he once termed as the finest bunch of players he has ever handled in a career spanning way above a decade. Nonetheless in the sign Samuel Eto'o chorus, I shall lend my voice.
With Africa's second most successful continental national side, four time Africa Cup Of Nations champions Cameroon facing an uphill task qualifying for the next edition set for early 2012 in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon had a chance in a last minute penalty at home against group leaders Senegal.
Forget the well known achievements,talent and ability that any worthy football fan knows of Samuel Eto'o. My title for this article is swayed by his comments after missing that crucial penalty against Senegal:
“I accept responsibility for this defeat. When I score goals often, you hoist me to the top,but today I missed the penalty which would have given us victory and I take full responsibility for this under performance. I want to protect the group of young players who played today “
Join us on our facebook page, follow Swahiligunner@ twitter and leave your comments. Till next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment